CRUX X1 RAID | REVIEW
The Crux Raid X1 is a Lightweight 4 season single skin tent which I have been using for just over 8 months now so it has seen plenty of use in both summer and winter conditions.
Crux have a history of making bomb proof gear and this tent is no exception. The total weight of the tent comes in at just under 1.5 kg and features X-tex fabric which is a polyester fabric with a polyurethane coating that is impregnated with activated carbon which allows the tent to breath so you are not soaking wet after good night's sleep.
As a 1 man tent it works perfectly, with enough room for a large backpack and gear for winter.
The X-tex fabric seems to work well for the most part with condensation only forming on the taping. However, with 2 people the lining does get quite a lot of condensation build up, especially on colder nights.
I have pitched it in all types of conditions, from perfect summer evenings to howling winter conditions with the windiest being about 70mph. It has stood up to everything a welsh winter can throw at it (generally just a whole lot of rain and wind).
The poles are inserted through external pole sleeves, making it quicker and easy to pitch even with gloves on. I have found that the poles do stick to the fabric of the tent when wet which can be a bit annoying if things start to freeze.
Over all this is a great 4 season tent, but be aware that if there are two of you with winter packs things get very snug.
Features & Specifications:
- Central roof vent
- Mesh panel in door
Poles inserted through external pole sleeves
- Eight guy points
- Total Weight: 1.48kg (complete)
- Flysheet: Waterproof and breathable X-tex, 120 g/m², 50 denier, polyester ripstop, 10,000mm hydrostatic head PU/activated carbon
- Groundsheet: 70 g/m², 70 denier, ripstop nylon, 10,000 mm hydrostatic head TPU coating
- Poles: 2 x 8.64 mm Ø Yunan Ultralite
- Guylines: 4 x 2.00 mm Dyneema with mini-Linelok adjusters
- Pegs: 8 x 7001-T6 square-section alloy pegs, 12 g each
- Packed Size: 45 cm x 12 cm Ø
- Inner length: 210cm
- Inner width: 120cm
- Inner Height: 85cm